Friday, August 6, 2010

It’s a Start!

It’s a Start! July 30th 2010
So today I walked over to Wilco and went through the garden section.  Took me FOREVER to decide what I wanted, but I finally settled on a few things.  I bought Sage, Spearmint, and a Goji berry plant as well as the supplies needed to make them grow.  All things that I can eat as well as looking nice.  I bought some seeds as well, California Peppers, Cucumbers, Spinich, and Carrots.  Eventually I will plant them, but at the moment, I’ve no where to place them. 
See my dream is to be somewhat self sufficient.  Growing my own vegetables and fruits, as well as raising a few livestock.  I am currently living at my boyfriend’s parents house, so I can not plant anything permanent here that they might not want.  Thus I have to put things in containers.  Which is why I don’t have room for much of anything yet.  I think all the seeds I just bought would do well in containers except perhaps the carrots.  Wouldn’t they need more space than a container could provide?
I’ve got a few books that are very helpful and informative for my goals.  I am excited about the possibilities, even if I always have to plant things in containers.  Growing my own food is something that I desperately want to do.  And this is my start!

No comments:

Post a Comment