Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tea and spinning!

I discovered this really cool tea company that let's you design your own tea. They offer you free samples of what you create so you can try it before you are stuck with something you might not like. I loved the idea and went ahead. I made a blend with rooibos tea, apple and plum. It was delicious! I also made one with oolong, mango and strawberry which was amazing. Seriously. When I opened these thongs up, even before brewing them they smelled SO good. The oolong smelled strongly of sweet ripe strawberries and the rooibos was just.... I have no words! Lol brewing them was an adventure because I wanted it NOW but I had to wait for the water to boil and the tea to steep. I checked on that water just about every five seconds which honestly didn't help and then waited anxiously for them to finish. The rooibos was just the perfect blend of fruits and they all hit you at once when you tasted it. Delicious medley of flavors. The oolong was a little more complicated. Like I said, when I opened that one, you got strawberry straight away. Once it was brewed, you tastes the slightly bitter flavor of the oolong along side the sweet mango. There isn't too much strawberry flavor until the last second of your sip when you get this sort if burst of strawberry sweetness! Very very good and I am so pleased with how they turned out that I went and bought a full order of each one. I highly suggest that you go visit this site for yourself to see what it is all about. Www.designatea.com

And then there is spinning. I have been drooling over getting a spinning wheel for well over a year. It is honestly killing me that I can't have one right this second.I just want to be able to sit down, relax and spin away, creating my own personal yarns to use on projects later. It just looks and sounds like the perfect past time. Alas, I do not yet have the funds to go after this new facet to my fibery obsessions. But one if these days I will. In the mean time, I think I will snag a pair of hand carders and get to practicing on blending fibers to see what I can create. Should be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment