Friday, August 6, 2010

Topsy turvy and Alcohol

Topsy turvy and Alcohol  August 3rd 2010
So I finally got the strawberry topsy turvy planter that I have been eyeing for weeks. I would love to have a whole mess of strawberries and seeing as I am pretty much only allowed to have plants in containers, this was a good idea. It was the last one sitting on the shelf and I couldn’t bear the thought of someone else getting it and then not being able to find one again at such a good price. I am excited now to start growing one of my all time favorite fruits. I do realize that it is late in the year for strawberries but i might be able to do it anyways. Depends… Just going to have to do a little research.
Went to a local pub the other night which was something new for me. Never even had much to drink before either. I mean I had a margarita once and I have sipped a few things, but this was the first time I had a real drink. I told the barista that I liked jäger so she suggested a Red Headed Slut. I thought it was hilarious and it sounded good too. Jäger, cranberry juice and something else. Tasted good but I think it needed less of the fluff and more of the drink. Not because I wanted to get drunk or anything, just because I think it would have tasted better. MyDearest had two beers. Don’t remember what they were bit he did have me taste them. The second one, a local beer, was pretty tasty, if a little watery in texture. I like stuff thicker like juice, which jäger is. I was what I guess was buzzed after my drink. Had a kind of light headedness and my tummy felt a little swirly, but nothing else. It was actually kind of unpleasant and i don’t really see why people want to achieve that feeling so much. When we got home the rest of the family was drinking wine. It was a Chardonnay, which was different than what they had before. Their last wine was nit very good at all. This one however was decent so I had a small glass. Now I would think that that would end up increasing the “buzz” that I had, but it didn’t. By the time I had finished the glass, the feeling was almost gone and i felt almost normal. Very strange. I was always so against drinking, and still am for the most part, so this is all very new to me. On the other hand, I do want to try to make some wine or mead sometime in the future. Something to do with all of those extra strawberries that I will have laying around uneaten. Lol. I wanna make strawberry mint wine or mead. Just can’t fine a recipe for it. It is either one or the other, not both lol. I will also be growing a plum tree so plum wine or mead is on the roster too.
Hope my rambles weren’t too rambly. Night world!

1 comment:

  1. Sad to here you are experimenting with drinking, be careful,
    I love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete